Should you travel to Sri Lanka with kids? Is it a family friendly travel destination?
Short answer: YES ❤️ In fact, families are often the most happy guests in Sri Lanka. Travelling with kids, you will feel welcome everywhere, and the younger children will get a lot of positive attention 😍. And besides, Sri Lanka is full of activities that children love. Two highlights are :
🐘 Seeing elephants and other wild animals on safari. And:
🏄 Surfing, swimming and playing on the beach.
There are some important facts to consider, and ways to make sure your family-holiday will be as pleasant and enjoyable as possible – for the whole family. I will go through some of this here:
What to bring for a family holiday in Sri Lanka:
- Quality sun screen.
- Kids books and entertainment.
- Diapers (+ washable for swimming♻️ ).
- Baby food (if your baby is a picky eater).
What you can get in Sri Lanka:
- Summer clothes, t-shirts and dresses.
- Laundry service.
- Beach toys, colouring books etc.
- Baby formula.
- FOOD: A limited selection of commercial baby food – but abundance of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, chicken, rice and potatoes. 😊 PS: Just ask at our restaurant – and we can prepare something your kids like!
Travelling with kids?
A swimming pool will the take holiday to the next level 💦💙 You can relax in the sun bed, while your energetic little ones, can swim, div, float and jump 🐬 all day long!
Maybe you can even finish that book you always bring for a holiday 😆
Where to visit visit with Children?
- Hikkaduwa is a great beach place. The 7 km long beach has one area that is swimable year round, one are area for snorkling, and another place where you can see the giant Sea Turtles from land 🤩🐢 Read more about Hikkaduwa HERE.
- Udawalawe National Park is the place to go for Elephants🐘. This is the most family friendly park because the duration of the safari is shorter – and elephants are 99% guaranteed.
- Take a 10 days round tour around the country – with a private driver. This makes your travel experience safe, relaxing and enjoyable.
Do you have other questions about travelling to Sri Lanka with kids?